Principal Assistant Principals Staff Directory
Counseling College Office Gifted
English Learners at SOCES How to Reclassify ELAC Local School Leadership Council School Site Council (Title I) Testing WASC
12th Grade 8th GradeInformation 5th Grade
Student Store Information Student Store Calendar

How to Reclassify

How does my child reclassify?

English learners must meet the following criteria to reclassify.

  1. Pass the CELDT with an overall score of 4 or 5 and no less than a 3 in any subsection
  2. Earn a C or better in their English or ELD/LTEL class
  3. Pass the SRI with a basic or higher score
  4. Parent Approval

Once a student reclassifies their designation changes from English Learner to Reclassified Fluent English Proficient (RFEP). They will be monitored by the EL Designee for a minimum of two years to ensure they do well in their classes.